Living at home


Practical and emotional support is available to help you to live independently in your own home for as long you wish. Services may be provided by social services, voluntary organisations or by private companies. They may be free, require a contribution from yourself, or paid for in full.


If you would like to be guided through the options for this category, use the Step by Step menu at the bottom of this screen.


See all information and guidance for this category.


Information and Guidance

Social prescribing is a service that helps people find out about opportunities in their local community that could help them to improve their health and wellbeing.


There are a number of local social prescribing services operating in Surrey which are free to use, although some of the opportunities or support you are signposted to may carry a charge. The service will discuss this with you and help you find opportunities that are affordable for you. There is a huge range of free support options available in communities which the social prescribing service will help you find and access.


For further details including how to access your local social prescribing service, please visit the Social Prescribing Information Page




  • Which? Elderly Care provides free, independent and practical advice about caring for older people across the UK. As a not-for-profit organisation, Which? is providing independent, clear and well-informed information on the subject of elderly care together with access to local service providers around.