Supporting Older People
(Published on 11/02/2019)
During the winter months it’s important to look out for the more vulnerable people in our lives. For older people in particular, winter can be a difficult time. So if there is an older person in your life who you care about, it would be good to check in with them.
Age UK have put out a list of actions you could take to support a vulnerable person in your life. Here are their top five tips:
- Encourage everyone to look after their health
- Make time for relatives, friends and neighbours
- Ask if people have everything they need
- Check their home is warm enough
- Help make sure everyone can get out and about safely
For the full list of actions visit the Age UK website at the link below.