Epsom & Ewell Dementia support service
Dementia Navigator Service
We know that a diagnosis of dementia can raise questions and practical challenges. Each person experiences dementia differently, so their information and support needs can vary.
Our Dementia Navigators are here to provide you with information, guidance and support to help you live well, whether you have dementia or are caring for someone with dementia. They’ll make sure they fully understand your unique needs and circumstances so you get the right information and support for you.
What support can we offer?
Our specialist Dementia Navigators can provide:
· Information and guidance including information about diagnosis, all aspects of living with dementia, legal rights, welfare benefits
· Signposting or referring to national and local Alzheimer’s Society services and external organisations
· Practical support to help you cope with the day to day challenges of living with dementia
· Emotional support to help you work through any difficult feelings about your circumstances
How does it work?
You can refer yourself to our service or you may be referred by your GP, other health or social care professionals, or other organisations.
As a first step one of our Dementia Navigators will get in touch to find out about the support you may need. Further support and information can be provided over the telephone or, if required, through a face to face meeting at your home or other suitable location.
You can contact your Dementia Navigator as often or as little as you want, to make sure you get the right support at the right time for you.
Other services in Surrey
Your Dementia Navigator can direct you to other support services in your area, such as:
· Singing for the brain®
· Dementia Cafés
· Activity groups
· Peer support groups
· Carers’ Information and Support Programme
· Day care and support
If you would like to find out more, please contact Dementia Support in Surrey on 01932 855582 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Wellbeing Centre, Longmead Day Centre, Sefton Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 9HG (directions displayed on map)
- Alzheimer's Society
- Service Type:
This page was last updated on 10 July 2018