Assisted Finance Accounts to help people manage their own money
Surrey Independent Living Council are able to support people to manage their own personal money by providing an Assisted Finance Account (AFA).
Money management for services via an Assisted Finance Account are for people who are likely to make unwise decisions resulting in difficult financial circumstances.
The service is suitable for people who, although they have capacity to make their own financial decisions, need help to manage their money on a day to day basis.
The service can include acting as an appointee for benefit purposes, setting up and managing a specific bank account on an individual’s behalf, assistance with budgeting and bill paying and the provision of regular manageable cash amounts.
In order for us to provide this service it has to:
- Be the informed decision of the individual concerned,
- Involve detailed income and spending plans,
- Be identified as a need within their support plan and funded as part of an individual’s personal budget and not from the individual’s own funds.
- Astolat, Coniers Way, Burpham, Guildford, Surrey, GU4 7HL (directions displayed on map)
- Surrey Independent Living Council - SILC
- Service Type:
- Advice and Advocacy
This page was last updated on 06 February 2019